Location: Durham, NC
Occupational Category: 47-2031 Carpenters
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week
Salary: USD $10-16/hr
Description: Haven Developers seeks a full-time entry-level carpentry assistant to help build and renovate houses.
- Follow directives of the site supervisor, project manager or general contractor
- Follow all safety and OSHA rules and regulations
- Report to work on time as scheduled
- Perform work in a quality manner per specifications and per industry quality standards
- Perform work properly the first time
- Work safely, productively, and expeditiously
- Complete daily work as assigned by the site supervisor, project manager or general contractor
- Maintain work area in a neat and clean condition
- Exercise adequate care and safety when using company equipment or vehicles
- Inform supervisor of needed supplies and materials in a timely manner
- Be willing to travel as the job requires
- Refer all inquiries from customers to the site supervisor, project manager or general contractor
- Assist other employees with technical knowledge if instructed by your supervisor
- Must understand English well enough to take instructions from supervisor. Ability to speak Spanish is a plus
- Must have a High School Degree or Equivalent
- Must have at least two years of experience in carpentry, drywall, painting, masonry, and/or caulking
- Ability to use all tools on a job site
- Ability to work in a team environment with members of varying skill levels.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and be able to climb and balance on equipment, ladders, and scaffolds
- Must be able to lift more than 50 lbs
- Highly motivated.
- Learns quickly.
- Finders fee for any new business
If interested in this position, please email us your resume, along with salary requirements and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date Posted: 3/12/2018